søndag 5. april 2015

Recycled Jeans #2

Another pair of old jeans got a new life as purses, size 9 x 7".
I wonder what I shall do with the remaining 2 jeans......

mandag 23. februar 2015

Recycled Jeans = shopping bag, wine bags and pot holders

 Two pair of old jeans have got a new life as wine bags, a shopping bag and pot holders (and of course I ended up with more sraps....!) These ladies are favourites  - the signs say "Dinner is poured", "Drinks well with others" and " How can I have time to cook and clean when I've been shopping all day?"

mandag 16. februar 2015

Scrap Quilt #7

I have finished another scrap quilt (size 120 x 190cm). For the coming weeks, I think I'll make some smaller projects.....!

onsdag 11. februar 2015

Scrap Quilt #5 and 6

 Once again my drawers were filled with scraps (where do they come from??) So far, this is the result - and I'm working on another one...
I like making scrap quilts, the problem is the quilting. Big pieces (120 x 190cm and 160 x 120cm) and a small machine! The colors don't show up correctly for the red one, not enough day light I suppose, it's bright red in real life.

tirsdag 3. februar 2015

Inspiration from "Stitch" # 2


Another project from the magazine "Stitch" is finished. For the flowers and leaves I painted vilene with silk painting before I cut them out. The butterfly is a photo print - the wings are - the body is embroidery thread.
By changing the browser, the problem with uploading photos to the blog was solved. Very strange I think........

søndag 1. februar 2015

Problems, Problems, Problems

For the last weeks Mr. Blogger won't let me upload photos to this blog. He asks if I want to open or save "resumable" from blogger.com. I've tried both without any luck. If someone out there have an idea what I can do to solve the problem, I would be very happy if you send me a message!!

onsdag 7. januar 2015

Inspiration from "Stitch"

In every issue of the magazine "Stitch" I find at least one project I would like to make. I have just finished these two. The first one, buddleias,  is size 35 x 35cm. The leaves are silk scraps, raw edge appliqued. The flowers are made of tiny silk scraps, trapped between two sheets of water soluble plastic, heavily quilted and then fixed to the background with french knots. Although I like making french knots, it will take some time before I'll make them again. I haven't counted the stitches.....
The Indian ladies are A4 size. I painted the background, stamped and embroidered it. The bowl and feet are also painted, the saris are made of silk - and of course with some "bling" and embroidery.