onsdag 5. desember 2007

Advent

I don't like winter-time in Norway, but I enjoy these dark days before Christmas, lightening candles and writing the snail-mail Christmas postcards. In Norway we celebrate Advent - the four weeks before Christmas evening - with a lot of decorations with lights both indoor and outdoor. Most people have a kind of candlestick with 4 candles - one for each of the 4 Sundays before Christmas - on their coffee- or dinnertable. This one I bought in Germany some years ago, and I think it's very nice. It shows the holy family, the 3 holy kings and a shepard with his sheep. When we light the second candle it will start to rotate - my granddaughter was very worried about this - she was afraid baby Jesus would fall out of the crib when the last candle was lighted. So far, we haven't had any accidents!!

1 kommentar:

verobirdie sa...

I've never realized that there was a candle of each advent week. We would have one of those on the table for Xmas, with the four Candles lighted at that time.
I've learned something tonight!