lørdag 29. desember 2007

Plans for The New Year

In January 2007 I stopped smoking after nearly 40 years as an addictive. It was a fight and a struggle, and from time to time, it still is!! But so far, I've made it - and therefore my plans for January 2008 are something quite different - only funny, colourful, interesting, creative things.......
I've decided to make a journal for myself. There are so many techniques I would like to try, so why not a journal?? This is the frontpage and the back - slightly bigger than A4 - made with cotton fabric, wool, Angelina, organza and silk yarn. There are pockets on the inside, just in case I need to make a note or five.... Since I have no idea of how many pages I'll end up with, I have made eyelets on both pages, so I can use a string to tie it all together.


The inspiration for making this journal came from these two ladies, Bente Nysæther Malm og Sue Bleiweiss. If you haven't visited their blogs, you can look forward to lots of tips and ideas!!
I have also signed up for Patti Medaris Culea's Stargazer Tome. Patti is among other things also a doll maker, and she has made patterns for a tome with some fun and fantastic kind of dolls. By now I think we are 40 persons that have signed up for a Yahoo-group where we can share ideas and photos of work in progress - and hopefully - at the end of 2008 we all have finished a tome with 12 pages and box to keep the "treasure" in. Each page will have different techniques, fabric printing, Tyvek, beads, felting and so on. You can find out more here.

4 kommentarer:

Guzzisue sa...

Looks wonderful, and it sounds as if 2008 is going to be a fun year for you. Congrats on giving up smoking- Well Done !!

Sue B sa...

Lise this is beautiful! Congrats on the non smoking,I gave it up a long time ago but I still remember how hard it was. Good for you for sticking with it!

Annettenett sa...

Utrolig lekkert!!!
Kjempeimponert over røykestopp-suksessen din:)))

Micki sa...

Your journal cover is gorgeous. Congrats on the stopping smoking.