fredag 1. februar 2008

Journal 2008 - page 2

This is the February page of my 2008 Journal. A friend of mine from US bought a soldering iron for me in a quilt shop in Maine some time ago. So far, I haven't seen them in the Norwegian quilt shops. I've tried to make a sampler with felt and three layers of organza. I'm not very happy with the result. The organza layers don't stick to the felt. I know the felt ought to be syntetic - Kunin felt - but the only felt I found was 30% wool, and I think that's why I got into problems.

The felt is black. The first layer of organza is clear blue, then a golden layer, and on top a mauve. I used the tiny tip on the iron and a metal ruler to make the squares, and free-hand draw the "stitches", it's like drawing with a pen, but the smell is awful!! The iron gets very hot, I worked in front of an open window.....

The photo doesn't show the real colours, probably it was to dark in the room.

3 kommentarer:

Annica sa...

Jättefin!
Här är länk till slöjddetaljer. De har syntet filt:
http://www.slojd-detaljer.se/Butik/default.asp

WayMooreFunQuilting sa...

Wish I could understand all the comments! This is extraordinary, Lise! You are going make a wonderful memory journal this year and one that you will enjoy for years! xox - b

Micki sa...

Even if it isn't quite what you had hoped for it is still a great piece. And you learned something from making it. Your wrapfolios look fantastic, too.