onsdag 6. februar 2008

Scraps and Muffins

During the last days I've reduced my scraps with at least 75% by making more wrap (scrap??!)folios and giftbags!! I'm so happy with that - now I can close the drawers again.....And, I've made muffins.
Step 1:Piles of scraps

Step 2: I cut the scraps to get rid of threads and ironed them on to pieces (scraps) of iron-on-stabilizer. Then I used a stencil and some fabric paint.Step 3: Waiting for the paint to dry, I preheated the oven to 230 C, melted 100gr butter and set aside. Whisked 2 eggs with 2 dl suger until pale and stiff. Mixed 1,5 dl youghurt with the melted butter and added to the egg mixture. Mixed 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon vanilla suger with 5 dl flour and folded into the mixture. Then I folded 2 dl frozen blueberries into the batter and diveded it into 12 big muffin tins and baked them in the oven for 25 minutes.

Step 4: I covered my fabrics with two layers, one tulle or chiffon, and one organza. Then I outlined the motives with narrow zigzag stitches and cut away the sheers that covered them.


Step 5: I roughly cut batting (yes, scraps!!), a thin one for the bags, and Fast2Fuse for the folios,and then freemotion quilted it all.

Step 6: Muffins - and coffee.


Step 7: For the bags I cut the fabric 14 x 16", for the folios I measured the notepads and added 1" on both sides. I cut the lining the same sizes, made corners in the bottom of the bags and stitched fabric and lining with right sides together (Yes, I forgot to make an opening in the lining for turning for some of the bags!!. The (scrap)folios have pockets on the inside to hold the notepad and other useful things, they were stithed to the lining before everything was ironed and stitched together with zigzag stitches around the egdes - twice.

Step 7: Finished!! Yes, I know the recipe for the muffins is metric - but now my head is empty!!Some of the bags have tags tied to them (made from scraps after cutting the tops!!)I used some left over inchies and Tyvek beads to decorate the the (scrap)folios.

10 kommentarer:

Nellie's Needles sa...

YUM! to all of it.

Annica sa...

Wow! You certainly know how toget things done! Beautiful bags and portfolios! The muffins looks delicious!

Doreen G sa...

Now that is what I call a production line Lise--they look wonderful-including the muffins.

WayMooreFunQuilting sa...

Good for You , Lise!! You are my hero and I love the bags! What will they be filled with? and - YUMMO for the muffins! xox - barb

Ati. Norway. sa...

Oh Lise, I am in awe on the scrap items you made, they look so good!And the muffins , I can smell them over here :)) mmmmm......

Annettenett sa...

Åh...for et artig innlegg. Genialt med muffins og kaffepause innimellom ja! Og så fint resultat...lekkert! og praktisk å få igjen skuffene igjen sikkert:)))

Dianne sa...

What a busy day you've had! I agree with Nellie - it all looks pretty yummy! Yes please for muffins and coffee!!! Love your scrap bags and folios too.....

Micki sa...

Wow,Lise you have been one busy gal. Everything looks wonderful

Anne-Grethe sa...

Stilige poser! Artig fremgangsmåte med fine illustrasjoner. Muffinsene ga meg vann i munnen....

Ulla sa...

What a good idea! I'll never make a reduction of 75 % of my scrap pile, but I would(and my husband would!) be happy to start with a 7,5% reduction!