søndag 17. februar 2008

Tome - Page 2


This is page 2 of my Stargaze Stitchery Tome. The subject for this page is as you can see, photo transfer. I have used photos of my grandparents' engagement on the front - in the early 1890s! I have also scanned two brooches and a pair of cuff links with their photos!! I think the cuff links are so nice.
On the back there is a photo of my granddaughter, Hannah, when she was 3 years old - very busy in the garden... A pocket doll is introduced in this "lesson" - and I have also had some fun with the emroidery unit.
The buttons are old. My mother gave me her box with buttons some years ago. Lucky me. I have used some of them here to keep the front and back together.

10 kommentarer:

Doreen G sa...

Lovely Lise.

Ati. Norway. sa...

Very nice !! I like the contrast between grandparents and grandaughter :))
And you in the middle of all.

Annettenett sa...

Wow...for et arbeid, så fint og forseggjort! Du må hilse Joanna fra meg da:)

Gudveig HN sa...

Så spennende! Virkelig lekkert!

WayMooreFunQuilting sa...

As always, Lise, you inspire me! A family sandwich! And, you're in the filling - you are what holds the two together! How lovely! The photos are precious, buttons wonderful! xox - barbara

Anonym sa...

Hei mormor!
Det var utrolig fint mormor, det bildet med meg i hagen! Også var det med tipp-oldefar. Hilsen Hannah

Og PS: Jeg måtte trykke på anonym når jeg skulle legge igjen beskjeden, men det er meg:)

ewa-christine sa...

Så fint, man blir verkligen glad att hitta alla dessa fantastiska arbeten. Vad vi kvinnor kan......
Ha en trevlig helg
Ewa-christine

ewa-christine sa...

Jättefina. Trevlig idé och så vackra färger.
Ny bloggare som jag är så lär jag mig varje dag detta med bloggeri.
Positiv hälsning
Ewa-Christine

Ulla sa...

Lovely work! I have great plans for a wall hanging with photo transfers, but I have not yet started it. Must collect valuable ideas first!

Dianne sa...

Such wonderful photos and memories - wonderful pages Lise!!