søndag 16. mars 2008

This Week's Goodies

What I really like with Internet, is that I "meet" people from all over the world, and this contact brings a lot of surprises and treasures in my mailbox. These photos show the goodies I received this week:

Some time ago, I tried to make a sample piece with felt, organza and a soldering iron. It didn't work very well, because I used woollen felt, and the organza didn't melt into it as I wanted. I wrote about this on the blog, and what happend?? Jane from Art4Mail sent me an envelope filled with this Kunin (syntetic) felt - all the way from USA!! Thank you so much Jane, my soldering iron and heatgun are ready!!
Myra and I have done a trade with bookmarks. This is the one she sent me, and I love it. I wish I could say I was the model for these lovely curves.....In the envelope I also found this beautiful postcard which I had admired on her blog. Sorry Myra, I forgot to take a photo of the chocolate. All of a sudden it was gone!!

Gunnel and I have also done a trade, and this is the postcard she sent me. The day I received the card, it was raining and everything was grey - unless this colourful card. It made my day, and now I also have to look at cross stitches with "new" eyes, they can be very decorative. Thanks Gunnel!
Another trade - this time with Beate. Her blog was one of the first I ever visited. Her art is very colourful, and with lot of humour. I admire her work very much. Just now she's working with felt in the colours of spring, and I was lucky to receive this lovely postcard. Thanks for trading Beate!

The last postcard arrived from Miriam in Dublin. She's not a blogger - (not yet?). Miriam is a source of inspiration for me. We have swapped several postcards during the last year, and every singel card is great. I've seen photos of some of her pieces, and she makes beautiful work. She has explained some of her techniques for me. I used one of them to make the sea/waves on my dolphin card on a previous post. I have a soft spot for anything Irish, so I'm very happy for this card with the high cross. Thanks Miriam!

6 kommentarer:

Doreen G sa...

Goodness me Lise you are a lucky girl.

Myra sa...

What a treasure trove of goodies for you. I am glad you enjoyed the chocolate. ;o)

I really like the cross stitches on Gunnel's card too. Makes me see them with new eyes as well.

Thank you for sharing all this eye candy!

Gunnels blog sa...

Hej Lise! Jag är glad att du gillar kotrtet OCH att du har fått upp ögonen för att korsstygn kan göras på nytt sätt! I am glad if I can give both you and Myra inspiration to lokk at cross-stitch i a new way :-))

ewa-christine sa...

Tack själv och tack för att du också läser mina "tankar" jag hoppas att barnbarnen skall läsa lite då och då och då gäller det att ha det uppdaterat!
Din blogg är också intressant och spännande. Jag tycker att det finns så många otroligt duktiga kvinnor, och varför har vi inga män inom vårt "intresseområde" de fanns där på 1400-talet och en bit in på även 15-16-1700 talet, sedan övergav dom väl hantverk mm. Visst är det intressant.
Ha en skön påsk
Med positiv hälsning
Ewa-Christine

Annettenett sa...

Så nydelige kort og bokmerke du har fått, spennende med sånne swaps ja! Vil ønske deg og dine en god påske:)

Hanne sa...

I can see why you are counting your blessings - your mail box treasures are lovely :-)