tirsdag 3. juni 2008

Play Day



So much fun with 2 cotton sheets and a package of fabric dyes!! I washed the sheets and cut them in 30 pieces a bit bigger than a fat quarter. I put each piece in a plastic bag, added pieces of cheese cloth to some of the bags, mixed the dyes and mesured according to what the "recipe" said and left it all over night. Then I rinsed the fabric - and to be sure, put it all in the washing machine. What I learnt was; it is a stupid idea to wash cheesecloth in the machine! But, what I ended up with was 30 pieces of marbled fabric (and cheese cloth!)

8 kommentarer:

Sølvi sa...

So beautiful colors you have made. This will make a nice project later.

Heather P sa...

Lise, that looks like fun! And your fabrics are beautiful!

Peg - Happy In Quilting sa...

Oh Lise you have made some lovely fabric...now what are you make?

Ulla sa...

Really nice colours full of light! Cheesecloth and washing machine works better if you use a little net bag (for socks nad stockings), or overlock the cut edges. Something I learned from my experiences!

Deb H sa...

What a pretty rainbow of fabrics!

I had to laugh thinking of what the cheesecloth must have done in the wash!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's nice to here for friendly people from far off places!

Annica sa...

Vilka fina färger! Jag kan tänka mig hur gasväven såg ut när du tog ut den ur tvättmaskinen :-)

sirJack sa...

Guess you have used a colour gradation kit? They are great fun! Lovely colours- and if you read the latest Quilting Arts you can get ideas how to use the "thread trash" :-)

Gudveig HN sa...

Så fine fargede stoffer! Det skal bli spennende på se hva du kommer til å lage av disse...