onsdag 23. juli 2008

Kokopelli

I've been asked what happend to the fabric I tried to dye in ammoniac. When wet, the fabric had a beautiful blueish colour, when it dried it was very pale blue, nearly white. So, I put it away for a while, and then used it for playing with flour paste again. It's a very fun technique which I described in an earlier post.
Last weekend I played with painsticks and stencils I made from waxed paper, and used the fabric as background. I'm not very happy with the fabric I used for the borders, too much gold in it I think, but anyway; now Kokopelli rules in my kitchen!
If you don't know Kokopelli, he is a Native American fertility god, usually depicted as a humpbacked flute player. Kokopelli presides over childbirth and agriculture. He's also known for carrying unborn children on his back and distributing them to women....

3 kommentarer:

Guzzisue sa...

I like this , have a soft spot for Kokopelli as my friend gave me some earings with him on.

Sue B sa...

Lise this is beautiful!

WayMooreFunQuilting sa...

Kokopelli is from where I live! You must come to visit 'him' sometime. My sister-in-law has him everywhere and she's never had children! Lovely piece of artwork. See what happens when you make lemonade from what you believe to be a lemon! xox-b