onsdag 30. juli 2008

Outdoor Pleasures

We've had the most beautiful weather in Oslo the last week, perfect for making sunprints and rust dyeing fabric. The lamp shade looking thing in the background is not a lamp shade, but an iron basket covered with fabric which I wet in vinegar and water and covered with cling film.I think this colour combination is stunning. I didn't plan it, but I find that if I let flowers self seed, they often find the perfect place. This Verbascum needs support to grow upright, and it found the perfect partner!

5 kommentarer:

Robin Mac sa...

Looks like you have been having fun Lise. I love the flowers you have shown too. I think I will have to find a sunny spot in our garden to try out the sunprinting too. Cheers, Robin

Gudveig HN sa...

Se gøy ut! Her blir det ikke tid, men jeg har lagt ut noe til "sunprinting", som det heter på "nynorsk". Første forsøk...

Inger Lise in Norway sa...

Spennende å se hva resultatet blir. Jeg har også plukket frem for å rust farge så dette blir spennende

Judy Rys sa...

I hope you post a photo of the rusted fabric.

2ne sa...

Ser ut som du har kost deg og hatt en kreativ stund :-) Lykke til med prosjektet.