torsdag 21. august 2008

ATCs and an Experiment with Fresh Flowers

I've received some gorgeous ATCs. The first one is from Gunnel. I love these elegant ladies, especially their hats! The next one is from Sue, it's called Distressed Celtic Art. The photo doesn't show the colours very well, but if you click for a close up, it's better! The background is green velvet covered with organza, heavily stitched with green thread, then zapped with a heatgun and some gold paintstick on top. The last one I received from Jaqueline, shiny Angelina and fancy threads covered with tulle - and YES, I enjoy it very much! Thanks a lot ladies!
This photo shows an experiment with fresh flowers from my garden. The technique is easy and very decorative I think. I covered fabric with Misty Fuse, put grasses and Hydrangeas on top, covered with more Misty Fuse and a layer of organza and ironed it all between parchment paper. I've done this before with flowers on white fabric, but I think black turned out even better. The grasses and flowers on the left is trapped between layers of organza. The plan is to cut holes in a sunprinted fabric and use these pieces as "windows".

2 kommentarer:

Gunnels blog sa...

Bra att du gillade det :-)

Gudveig HN sa...

Stilig! Er det Hortensia? Slike har jeg også i hagen...