torsdag 13. november 2008

Play time

Some weeks ago, I signed up for my first class ever, an online class called "Textured Surfaces" by the talented ladies Carol McFee and Lynda Monk. Some of you will know them from FibreinForm I think. So, I've spent hours playing with different paints, both acrylic, textile and silk, puff paint, moulding paste, gesso, latex paint, inks, bleech and you name it all! Great fun! The photos show a few (very few) of my samples. The first two became postcards, 4 x 6". I used plastic lace and puff paint before paint and ink and some metallic rub ons.

For the door I made a stencil of freezer paper and added moulding paste before I painted it all and appliqued the door and free hand quilted the piece. The size is 8,5 x 11,5", perfect for my fabric journal!
The blue sample is fabric painted with household paint which was covered with diluted PVA glue and when the glue was wet I added a piece of grunge board and some torned textured paper. When all had dried, I painted with several layers of acrylic paints.

The last sample is called "Puff - the painted dragon" - I suppose some of you remember the song about Puff the magic dragon........He's of course made of puff paint and then painted. It was very difficult to photograph this piece, it's much more shiny copper and metallic green than the photo shows.
My next samples will show the use of writing ink and bleech on couched yarn - I've had some problems with finding the right inks for this use, but today I found black and blue.......

7 kommentarer:

Maureen sa...

Love your different samples, very inspirational!

Lise in Norway sa...

Love your samples Lise And you know I love doors that must be my favorite LOL

Doreen G sa...

Great work Lise.

Ati. Norway. sa...

wow, what a different materials you have used. The effects are great!

Robin Mac sa...

I love your samples Lise, I can't wait for the next course to start - that is when I am doing it - didn't have time when this one started. Not sure where the time will come for the nxt time around either, but I have been so inspired by what I am seeing on all your blogs that something else will have to give - housework maybe? Cheers, Robin

Annettenett sa...

WOW!!!!! Trur jammen jeg skulle hatt meg et kurs hos deg, Lise! Nydelige stilige kort og sider du har laget her...helt rått!

Carol sa...

Fantastic samples Lise, love the doorway,