tirsdag 17. november 2009

Rusted Fabric

I cut the rusted fabric I made some months ago, and this is the result. The cattails are made in a faux chennille technique, the leaves are thread painted on organza, the flies are a copper knitting yarn cut in small pieces and sewn to the background with tiny zigzag stitches. What I like best are the dragonflies. I stamped the background and free motion embroidered with metallic thread anlong the lines. Did the same on organza, cut them out and fastened the body with a few stitches. If you click on the photo it should be possible to see the details.
The size is 26 x 28".

9 kommentarer:

Gina sa...

It's beautiful

love and hugs Gina xx

Murgelchen94 sa...

Hello Lise,

a wonderful quilt. The technics very interest.

LG,Helga

verobirdie sa...

Beautiful. Deserves the larger view to enjoy the details.

Ati. sa...

Lise I love it, absolute fantastic!

Mona sa...

Wow, that is excellent work!

Banaghaisge sa...

That is fabulous Lise - even better enlarged!!!
Hugs,
Jasmine (in Oz).

Gudveig HN sa...

Lekkert! Du er så kreativ :-)

Micki sa...

I like it very much.

lindacreates sa...

This is wonderful! Such great detail and the rusted fabric is incredible.