tirsdag 16. februar 2010

Snow Dyeing

During the last weeks, I've seen a lot of blog posts about snow dyeing, probably Germany and the Netherlands have had more snow than normal!! I had a starter kit with Procion MX dyes in the colours red, blue and yellow, so I thought it was a good idea to give the technique a try. First I soaked the fabric in a soda ash solution while I mixed the colours. I used white PDF fabric (prepared for dyeing) and a white silk scarf. I put the soaked fabric on wire racks over the kitchen sinks and covered it all with snow. First I had an idea of not mixing the colours, but as you can see, I changed my mind!!

I let the snow melt and then washed the fabrics.The result looks like this:
If you click on the photos, you'll see more of the details. The last piece shows the silk scarf which I think turned out very nice!

8 kommentarer:

Murgelchen94 sa...

Great result, but our snow is only white.
LG,
Helga

Heather sa...

Love the result!

Deb H sa...

Beautful! I want to try this, I certainly ave plety of snow!

Anelias hantverk sa...

Tack för hälsningen hos mig så jag hittade din fina blogg med mycket spännande saker som du gör!
Ha en bra dag!

Margeeth sa...

Yes, we have a lot more snow than usual in the Netherlands this winter.
Your fabrics have turned out marvelous.

Gudveig HN sa...

Så flott det ble! Riktig lekkert. Det var forresten en ny teknikk som jeg aldri har hørt om før... Spennende!

gallery802 sa...

It is so much pretty.....love this..keep it up this great work

Kitchen Sinks sa...

Good post...we can also use this in home...please update with new designs...thanks for sharing.