fredag 7. mai 2010

Inspiration

Some days ago, Lappedamen gave me this challenge: Write a blog post about your sources of inspiration. Well Eva, I find inspiration in a lot of things! Let's start with this: I love doors and windows. I found this door in Sienna, Italy.
Then of course, nature; landscapes, flowers, birds, fruits, sunsets.........
I love iron works; gates, fences........This photo is from Italy, but I also have a lot from Ireland!
For some strange reason, I need some more bookshelves for my ever growing collection of books and magazines. These are a few of the magazines I like:
And of course, I find tons of inspiration on other quilters' blogs! Very often I get carried away, following a link to another link to another link.........
I also keep journals where I write down all my good, and not so good!, ideas. I'm not a painter, so I write things down, cut out and glue photos from magazines, fabric scraps and other useful things. For the time being, I'm also working on a shopping list for the quilt festival in Birmingham later this year!!
Do YOU take the same challenge?? If so, I would love to hear from you!

3 kommentarer:

Nicki Lee sa...

Hi Lise!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my Give Away. I'm also a lover of doors and windows and have often thought of doing a collage with nothing but. I love your door picture in Italy!

SiriusJack sa...

Takk for utfordringen, Lise! Det er herved utført :-)

Lappedamen sa...

Kjempebra, Lise. Fint at du tok utfordringen og sendte den videre. Er enig med deg at det finnes mye inspirasjon i Italia. Jeg har et bilde i hode mitt fra Cinque Terre, skulle gjerne ha omsatt det i en quilt. Vi får se...