tirsdag 20. juli 2010

Fabric Dyeing 2

More fabric dyeing!! Again I used fat quarters , 15 pieces, and wet the fabric in a soda ash solution. This time I put up 15 plastic cups in a triangel. 5 cups in the first row, 4 in the next, then 3, 2 and 1. I mixed the dyes, yellow, blue and red, and put one teaspoon of yellow in the cups in the first row, 2 in the next and so on. Then I turned to another side of the triangel and put one teaspoon of red in the first row, 2 in the next and so on, and the same with blue for the last side. Complicated?? Not at all, it's just difficult to explain, but if you make the triangel, you'll see what I mean!!
Then I put each piece of fabric in a plastic bag (the ones with zips are useful!!), mixed the dye consentrate in each cup with one cup plain water, poured one cup of dye in each plastic bag, closed the zip! and worked the dye into the fabric. I left the bags for some hours, and after washing, this was the result (as you can see, I put some lace and silk in some of the bags):
These are done in the same way, but with half the amount of dye:
And these are made with the left over dyes plus some black:
I'm afraid I've got more fabrics now than I can use, so if you are interested in buying some of the pieces, please send me an email!!

4 kommentarer:

Ati. sa...

Absolute fantastic Lise. Love the colors and it sounds so simple ;)
If I didn't had a huge stash I would buy some :))

Sølvi's blog sa...

Så flotte stoffer du har farvet - dette ser gøy ut.

WayMooreFunQuilting sa...

Gorgeous as always! I will email you with what I've done lately with dyes! xox - b

2ne sa...

Skal bli spennende og se når du får sammen til noen quilter. Må være gøy og farge og sette sammen selv :-)