onsdag 17. august 2011

Quilt Festival in Birmingham, UK

Last week I spent some days at the Quilt Festival in Birmingham, UK. So much fun!! I met some friends from an international textile group I'm a member of, got lots of inspiration and did a LOT of shopping!! The important question on Sunday evening was: is the suitcase big enough??? It was. I even managed to pack a cutting mat, 24 x 36" in it!! I don't buy much fabric anymore, I started dyeing my own last year, but I just can't resist African fabrics. These are a few.....


Fancy yarn, embroidery yarn, sari yarn, sari ribbon, wool tops for felting:


Last time I was in Birmingham, I bought my first Thermofax screens. My collection is growing!! The stamps are wooden ones, handcarved in India.


And of course a few books for inspiration!!


Was that all?? Of course not. The suitcase was 11 kilos when I left Norway - 22,6 when I left England. Lucky for me, the limit is 23 kilos...



5 kommentarer:

Elizabeth's Attic sa...

What lovely fabrics they will make up into lovely items I am sure.
Beverley

murgelchen sa...

Many treasures.
LG,
Helga

WayMooreFunQuilting sa...

Lise - I received your postcard and enjoyed hearing from you! Looks like you had great fun at Birmingham! Now to get to work on all the things you bought. I've seen the sari yarn - it's beautiful. Be sure to let me know what you're going to knit with it, or are you going to knit with it???
xox - barb

2ne sa...

Så mange godsaker du har fått med deg hjem. Koselig med nye ting - og nye prosjekter.....
Ønsker deg en strålende helg.

Vilt og vakkert sa...

Heisann!

Skal ta opp motivene fra primstaven igjen, og kom til å tenke på deg.
Ser du fremdeles er aktiv både med blogging og quiting.
Rekker ikke å følge med på hva alle gjør, så det blir litt til og fra med kommentarer - Ha det godt ;:OD)