fredag 14. september 2012

Wet Felted Flowers

Inspired by the Scottish artist Moy Mackay I've tried wet felting with wool for the first time. Great fun!! I added some silk and Angelina to the wool to give the vase and the flowers a bit of sparkling.. I have a lot of ideas in my head now....
The first photo shows the piece after felting - I forgot to take photos when the wool was laid out! - and the second the finished piece. I added some hand- and machine embroidery to define the flowers and the outline of the vase.  Size 11 x 14".

Nina Marie commented my flowers. On her blog, you'll find a post called Off the Wall Friday - lots of inspiration there - have a look!!

9 kommentarer:

Nina Marie sa...

ohh I really love these - I would like to invite you to link this post on my page - its called - Off the Wall Friday - its what we are working on at the moment! You can link any Friday that you posted!

wholly jeanne sa...

What fun! I'll bet you do have ideas bubbling like crazy - always a nice problem to have.

Lisa Broberg Quintana sa...

Very nicely done! I haven't done wet felting, but I have done needle felting. I'll have to explore since your piece is so lovely!

lindacreates sa...

This is just beautiful!

Deborah OHare sa...

Beautiful! Such skill.

Laura sa...

I ordered her book and it arrived yesterday, so glad it's the weekend and I can try out some of the projects. Yours looks fantastic!

Katherine sa...

this is a wonderful piece!

Masha Novoselova sa...

Lise, it's beautiful!!

crazyQstitcher sa...

Really wonderful.
What a difference highlighting the work with118 machine stitching,makes to the finished piece.