Too dark to make photos these days, but hopefully they'll give an impression of some of the table runners, place mats and pot holders I made for a Christmas market last weekend!!
mandag 14. desember 2015
lørdag 28. november 2015
tirsdag 17. november 2015
This table runner was a real challenge! A friend gave me bits and pieces from her curtains (the white embroidered fabric) and asked if I could make a table runner for her. First, I made a few blocks with batic fabrics in grey and green, but it didn't work. Those blocks will end up as place mats I think. But then I remembered some silk fabrics I bought many years ago, and this is the result. Once again, the magazine My Quilt was my inspiration.
Best of all, my friend loved the result!!
onsdag 28. oktober 2015
Just in time for a holiday earlier in October, I finished one of these folders for organizing my travel documents. There are pockets for passport, tickets, cards, a pen and also a zipper pocket for coins or other bits and pieces. Very handy!
Today I finished another folder for a travelling friend....
I found the pattern in the Norwegian magazine "My Quilt".
søndag 5. april 2015
mandag 23. februar 2015
mandag 16. februar 2015
onsdag 11. februar 2015
I like making scrap quilts, the problem is the quilting. Big pieces (120 x 190cm and 160 x 120cm) and a small machine! The colors don't show up correctly for the red one, not enough day light I suppose, it's bright red in real life.
tirsdag 3. februar 2015
Another project from the magazine "Stitch" is finished. For the flowers and leaves I painted vilene with silk painting before I cut them out. The butterfly is a photo print - the wings are - the body is embroidery thread.
søndag 1. februar 2015
For the last weeks Mr. Blogger won't let me upload photos to this blog. He asks if I want to open or save "resumable" from blogger.com. I've tried both without any luck. If someone out there have an idea what I can do to solve the problem, I would be very happy if you send me a message!!
onsdag 7. januar 2015
In every issue of the magazine "Stitch" I find at least one project I would like to make. I have just finished these two. The first one, buddleias, is size 35 x 35cm. The leaves are silk scraps, raw edge appliqued. The flowers are made of tiny silk scraps, trapped between two sheets of water soluble plastic, heavily quilted and then fixed to the background with french knots. Although I like making french knots, it will take some time before I'll make them again. I haven't counted the stitches.....
The Indian ladies are A4 size. I painted the background, stamped and embroidered it. The bowl and feet are also painted, the saris are made of silk - and of course with some "bling" and embroidery.